May 13, 2019
Just in case you were wondering:
Q. Is this an expert guide at tempering fine quality chocolate couverture using expert chocolate making equipment?
A. Nope. (The key word here is "simple").
Find out what ingredients you need to make the Best and Easiest Hot Chocolate!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
This hot chocolate can be made in the office, with:
- a jar of our Chocolate Box "Chocolate Spread"
- a serve of milk from the fridge (enough for your cup)
- a mug, and
- a microwave
SIMPLE HOT CHOCOLATE
1. Heat a cup of milk filled to the level you want to drink it.
2. Microwave it until it is hot. (Actually stand near it and watch it so it doesn't boil over. The milk will probably reach boiling point for milk under one minute, on a high setting, so beware!) Take it out of the microwave.
3. Scoop in some of The Chocolate Box's Chocolate Spread (which is our Chocolate Fudge Sauce, in a wide neck jar for easy scooping and spreading). Stir it into the milk mixture (to taste). Start small - a teaspoon at first - fully stir it in, then taste it to see if you like it. The more you add, the darker and sweeter it will get. The spread is a lovely Belgian chocolate, with a bit of a vanilla fudge taste.
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE IT A BIT LESS SIMPLE
Try these to make your chocolate a little more sophisticated.
** Use a really good quality fresh milk, or substitute.
** Add plain marshmallows, and watch them melt into a gooey delicious mess.
** Frothing some hot milk over the top with your little hand-held milk frothing machine makes it a lot more fun to drink.
** You can sprinkle it with chocolate, cocoa powder or cinnamon for decoration (over the froth).
HOW IT PERFORMED IN OUR TESTING PROCESS
We have a lot of chocolate in the office, and we've tried melting most styles of it into hot milk from the microwave, but the Chocolate Spread was hands down the best.
It makes a smooth sophisticated hot chocolate, that melts cleanly without leaving any floating residue on the top (although if you don't stir your hot chocolate every so often, a concentration of chocolate will start to settle at the bottom of the cup).
We recommend drinking the hot chocolate when it is still warm.
April 02, 2019
February 26, 2019
The Chocolate Box was first established in Camberwell by our founders, Mr and Mrs Adler in 1958. Today, the family-owned Australian business is managed by the second generation, Marion Adler Bishop and Gary Adler.
Get the latest on sales, new releases & more…
© 2017 The Chocolate Box
Sign up to our Newsletter
Find out about our new products, special offers and more.