Dark Chocolate Dipped Stuffed Dates - a healthy reason to eat chocolate!
Jewel like date chocolate treats are a must-make for Christmas - perfect to serve at your Christmas party, and a healthy reason to eat dark chocolate!
40 Medjool dates
100g shelled pistachios (or use our deluxe salted nuts instead of the 3 separate nuts listed)
100g salted almonds
100g roasted peanuts
3 pinches or cardamom or cinnamon (optional)
100g dark chocolate
50g milk chocolate
1. Use a sharp knife to make an incision along each date and remove the stone. Try to work gently to avoid squishing the dates. Place on a tray as you work.
2. Stuff 2-3 nuts into each date, and close up the date around the nuts so they're hidden.
3. Chop or crush left over nuts and add a pinch of cardamom or cinnamon (if using)
4. Melt the dark chocolate drops into a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Dip the stuffed dates into the chocolate to coat them, then arrange on a tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle over some crushed nuts. Repeat with the others.
5. Melt the milk chocolate drops (you can use white chocolate here too) over simmering water, and drizzle over the dark chocolate coated dates. Sprinkle with left over nuts.
6. Put dates in the fridge to set firm. They will keep for up to 2 months.
Recipe & image credit from Delicious